Edge computing is a form of distributed computing that brings data storage and processing closer to the end user. It reduces latency and conserves network resources by utilizing edge servers instead of the traditional centralized cloud.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at product managers and developers who wish to use Edge Computing to decentralize data management for faster performance, leveraging smart devices located on the source network.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
Understand the basic concepts and advantages of Edge Computing.
Identify the use cases and examples where Edge Computing can be applied.
Design and build Edge Computing solutions for faster data processing and reduced operational costs.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Edge Computing vs Cloud Computing
- Overview of Edge Computing concepts and architecture
Understanding Edge Computing Use Cases
- Optimizing network performance
- Monitoring assembly line operations
- Securing data access to healthcare
- Managing stock and sales data for retail
Designing Edge Computing Solutions
- Understanding service provider networks
- Identifying deployment locations
- Adopting wireless technologies (4G and 5G)
- Aggregating data in real-time
Choosing Edge Computing Software and Tools
- Deploying edge applications with Mutable
- Extending edge devices with AWS IoT Greengrass
Summary and Next Steps
- Familiarity with cloud computing and networking
- Product managers